COMMERCIALIZATION OF GALERIA KATOWICKA
Cushman & Wakefield is the exclusive letting agent of Galeria Katowicka and retail space at the railway station. The investor of Galeria Katowicka is NEINVER Polska and PKP S.A. as well as UK-Meyer Bergman. The investment’s value is estimated at EUR 240 million.
Galeria Katowicka is a retail and services scheme located in the core centre of Katowice, at Szewczyka square. It forms part of a larger development, comprising a railway station and an office building. The leaseable area of the shopping centre totals 53,000 sq m, divided into more than 220 units. The underground car park offers 1,200 car spaces.
Cushman & Wakefield was responsible for:
• Analysing the existing concept of the project;
• Recommending space division into retail, technical and communication areas within the project;
• Establishing and reviewing tenant mix;
• Market segmentation of potential tenants;
• Review and setting of rents;
• Identifying potential tenants and presenting them to the Client;
• Presenting the Centre to potential tenants and in necessary negotiations organizing meetings with the Client;
• Preparing, according to the Client’s instructions, lease offers and submitting them to potential tenants;
• Providing the Client with information on all offers received from potential tenants;
• Advising the Client on commercial terms of lease agreements;
• Conducting commercial negotiations of the terms of lease agreements on behalf of the Client according to the Client’s instructions.
Opening of Galeria Katowicka took place on 18 September 2013. The level of commercialisation was 92% on the opening day. The retail space in the railway station which opened on 29 October 2012 has been 100% let. Anchor tenants: Stokrotka, RTV Euro AGD, KappAhl, Super-Pharm, C&A, Reserved, Zara, Rossmann, Peek & Cloppenburg, Multikino.